Friday, April 12, 2013



Mini Cheese cakes.

Every friday the Admin staff of Extended Hands food bank and Resurrection Center meet to catch up on the weekly events.
We had decided that it would be a great idea to also have lunch together as we are not only co-workers but we have become a close knit family.
On occasion I will cook lunch. For the most part I bring in desserts. The Mini cheesecakes with a drizzle of milk chocolate were the lastest treats. I did keep in mind that we are trying to eat healthier, so yes they are low-fat.

You would never know cause they tasted GREAT!
")

I had also brought these cute treats.....


Here's how I did them.....

I washed 3 LARGE oranges then cut them in half.
Use a tablespoon to clean out the halves, but do it gently so as not to rip the rind or make any holes.
In a separate bowl I had made my jello (1cup hot water, 1/2 cup cold water. Sets faster and harder.) which I poured into each half of the orange.
I then set them in teacups to keep them balanced while they chilled in the fridge.
Once they were set enough, I use a large sharp knife and cut them as I would a regular orange to make those cute slices which everyone enjoyed.

Try it and have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment